3.09 Is the project notifiable under CDM? If so who is the Principal Designer and Principle Contractor?
3.10 Were there any specific design details that were revised in order to comply with CDM?
Project is notifiable under CDM rules (Construction Design Management)
Principle designer: Charles Mackonochie (Bigham Anderson Partnership)
Principle contractor: ISG
CDM aims to improve health and safety in the site. His job is:
- Sensibly plan the work so the risks involved are managed from start to finish
- Have the right people for the right job at the right time
- Cooperate and coordinate your work with others
- Have the right information about the risks and how they are being managed
- Communicate this information effectively to those who need to know
- Consult and engage with workers about the risks and how they are being managed
Good example of the CDM is putting right signs at the appropriate places and notifying workers that there is a risk.
Making sure that building site is safe to work, is a team effort to look after each other, therefore introducing Near Miss Reporting is preventing accidents from happening before is too late.
Fire escape stairs where revised to comply with CDM rules. They had to make two fire exits because of the amount of people is going to use the building.